I am now a three-time survivor of the A to Z Blogging Challenge. It was a little more intense for me this year since I waited until late March to make my final decision on whether or not to participate leaving my window to research, write and prep everything to only a few weeks since I like to keep April focused on all the social aspects of the challenge. April is when I spend my time visiting and commenting on other blogs not actually writing posts. Interacting with other bloggers is my favorite part of the challenge.
Click on any picture to jump to a slide show with hyperlinks to my A to Z Challenge Post associated with that image.
My goals for participating in the challenge have stayed consistent over the past three years:
- Expand My Content. The challenge allows me a chance to focus on a particular topic and drill down a little deeper to expand my content in that area which is always fun. With this year’s theme, I was able to expand my content in an area that I don’t write about as frequently.
- Write Consistently. My posting schedule tends to ebb and flow and the challenge is a great opportunity to re-energize and find inspiration as I work towards a more consistent writing schedule.
- Improve My Writing. The intense posting schedule of the challenge is great writing practice. While I’m not sure that every post during the challenge is my best work, the opportunity to write and refine my challenge posts ultimately leads to stronger writing overall.
- Highlight Maine. Winters in Maine get a bad rap. They are cold and long but there is so much beauty too. It was fun to focus on this particular aspect of Maine.
- Connect with Other Bloggers. This is my absolute favorite thing about the blogging challenge. Getting to meet, engage with and learn from other bloggers. Blogging can be isolating and interacting with other bloggers during the challenge makes it a little less lonely.
With my last point above in mind, I wanted to again thank all my fellow bloggers for the support and encouragement they provided during the A to Z Blogging Challenge. It always motivates me and helps me stay on track.
After the challenge, I always need a bit of a break so after a few days off, it will be time to figure out what comes next as I continue to work on expanding and growing my blog.
Did you participate in the challenge this year? Did you enjoy it?