This is my first attempt at participating in a blog hop. This one is hosted by Emily’s World and The Doglady’s Den. I met Debbie from The Doglady’s Den during the A to Z Challenge. It’s always fun to learn a little bit more about the people behind the posts.
Below are my responses to the 30 Odd Questions from this blog hop.
1) What did you want to be when you were a kid? I didn’t really have a burning desire for anything specific although during class event in High School I was jokingly voted most likely to open a chain of fast food health restaurants since I was heading to college to study Human Nutrition. It didn’t happen but I am passionate about supporting local farmers and just joined my first CSA (community supported agriculture) so maybe there’s still time.
2) Which “Friends” character do you relate to the most? Why? I’d go with Monica. I am hyper organized and extremely neat although I too have a Monica closet which would be my craft area. There’s always something messy going on there but since it’s where I create I’m okay with it. I also love to cook like Monica.
3) Do you like your name? Why? My first name is Karen. I do like it. It’s a good name. Even if I didn’t like it, I wouldn’t admit it. When my mom met her future mother in-law for the first time, my grandmother asked her what her middle name was and my mother prefaced it by saying how much she hated it only to learn that it was my grandmother’s first name.
4) Are you messy or neat? Neat and so organized that I own two label makers. I also have no problem purging and getting rid of stuff. I like things streamlined.
5) How tall are you? 5′ 2″. I would love to be a little taller but I’m use to it now.
6) How tall were you when you were 10? Shorter than 5′ 2″.
7) What is your guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate with salted caramel. I eat dark chocolate every day. I remember getting my year-end summary statement from my credit card company and they categorized dark chocolate as a luxury item. I would disagree. It’s a necessity.
8) What are you saving money for right now? College. My oldest just finished her first year as a Communications Design major at Pratt Institute and my youngest will be applying to creative writing programs in the fall. For us, it’s all about college for the next five years. Once the college years are done, I am looking forward to planning and saving for an awesome trip to celebrate.
9) How many Pringles can you eat at once? They are not my go to chip but I could still finish off half a can given the right conditions. It’s also sad to think that I actually have a go-to chip. Maybe my classmates faith in me starting that health food chain was misplaced.
10) Tea or coffee? I rarely drink hot beverages. About twice a winter on the coldest of days, I might try a hot chocolate but even then I’ll usually grab something cold. I’m a seltzer girl. We go through seltzer by the case at my house.
11) Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Until I read Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking I use to think I was an introvert but now I think I’m a shy extrovert although I’ve outgrown most of my shyness. I get my energy from other people. We go to an annual New Year’s Eve party every December. Since it’s out-of-town, we stay over with our friends and without fail I’m one of the last few still up at 4 in the morning usually helping wash dishes and chatting with the hosts. However, sometimes it’s nice to stay in and hunker down too. A balance of the two makes me happiest.
12) What will be your Halloween costume this year? I love Halloween but sadly haven’t dressed up for years because there hasn’t been an opportunity to go to any costume parties and we never get trick-or-treaters. When my girls were little, I spent weeks sewing them elaborate costumes. While I don’t enjoy sewing, I always loved the end result. I’m not opposed to a good cosplay though and most recently dressed up as Velma to my friends Daphne for a karaoke event at a convention we were attending.
13) Sweet or salty? I like both although salty probably has a small edge. My favorite is eating something salty and sweet together. I never pass up a good salted caramel.
14) Favorite social media? Instagram. I think it’s the kinder, gentler social media. I love it although am still fairly new and building up my site. It is so fun to scroll through and see all the beautiful pictures. Below is a sample of one of my recent posts. Click through and follow me if you’re on instagram!
15) Who is the last person you kissed? My husband after I came home from a three-day road trip with our youngest.
16) What is your favorite breakfast? A bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. There’s a place close to my house that makes a delicious one. I never really make them at home even though it would be an easy thing to do. It’s an eating out treat for me.
17) When is your birthday? September. I am a Virgo.
18) When did you start your blog? February 2016. I’m still a newbie.
19) What is your opinion on the Kardashians? I have none. I don’t “keep up” with them.
20) How would you describe your style? My style is fairly neutral. Usually a solid colored v-neck top and a pair of jeans. Nothing fancy although it’s nice to get dressed up on occasion.
21) What color is your hair? Brown. I’ve never deviated much from my natural color. I tried a dark blond color once and hated it. It wasn’t me. I like my hair color. It suits me.
22) What color socks are you wearing? Black. I don’t own a lot of colored socks although I do have two pair of Doctor Who ones that are fun.
23) What is your dream job? It would be something creative although I think there’s an element of creativity to most jobs.
24) Dogs or cats? I am a dog person but not opposed to cats. I grew up with both and we currently have a dog and a cat. I prefer the dog and in typical fashion the cat as decided I’m his favorite person in the family because I show him the least attention out of everyone in the house. The dog is extremely jealous.
25) What makes you weird? I think everyone has their quirks. For me, it’s my fandoms. I have many and love them all. My husband joked once that when buying me an anniversary gift he just needed to shop for toys geared towards teenage boys. I love my mini-mates, Funko Pops! and other collectibles related to the shows I love. My favorite valentine’s day gift was some Buffy the Vampire Slayer ornaments. They give me great joy when I put them out each year.
26) Celebrity crush? Jensen Ackles who plans Dean Winchester on Supernatural. Also, for any soap fans out there, he was Eric Brady on Day of our Lives. I have a t-shirt that my friend gave me that reads, “I may love my husband, but I love me some Dean Winchester too”. That would be true. The convention I mentioned earlier where we dressed as Daphne and Velma was for Supernatural. Best convention I have ever attended. I also heard that Supernatural will be doing an animated crossover episode with Scooby-Doo this coming season so clearly my friend and I were ahead of the curve.
27) Opinion on cigarettes? I was fortunate to never smoke so never had to try to quit. It’s an addictive habit and so hard to break.
28) Do you want/have children? How many? I have two girls born fifteen months apart.
29) Three favorite boy names? Christopher, Ryan and Shaun. Those were the three I picked in Middle School and I’m sticking with them. Although, interestingly enough, none of those were in the running if we’d had a boy instead of a girl. We had picked Jack.
30) Three favorite girl names? Other than my girls first names, my three other favorites would be Gabrielle, Rebecca and Siobhan. We didn’t use Gabrielle as a first name because we were worried about nicknames like Gabby. For Siobhan, we were concerned that people wouldn’t be able to spell it. And, Rebecca got my vote if we’d had a third girl.
Thanks for stopping by and getting to know me a little better. I’m looking forward to checking out the other bloggers participating in the blog hop.